February 22, 2012

Rustic meets Contemporary.....

I have gathered a few key pieces together from ABC Home and Restoration Hardware, with ideas on how to reinvent some of the classics into a contemporary interior.  I think I'm naturally drawn to blues and find some romance in Chinese blue porcelain pieces and dark teak furniture from the East, especially those inlaid with mother-of-pearl.  I don't doubt that has something to do with my mom who gathered keepsakes from her travels around the world and somehow they always seemed so stylish, fitting together seamlessly and altogether telling a story.






The images above are brought together from House Beautiful magazine and vignettes by the great lifestyle photographer, Mikkel Adsbøl.


Naturally, I'd like to buy just about everything from both of these fabulous shops, but for now here are some pieces that bring so much character to any space.....

ABC Carpet & Home: Aquasilk Carpet, Mother of Pearl Chest - Charcoal, Edge Writing Desk, Edge Night Stand, Silk Cushions - Flora & Fauna.

Restoration Hardware: Chandliers (Foucault's Orb Crystal Chandelier, Casbah Crystal, & 19th Cent. French Empire), Peacock Mirror. 

1 comment:

  1. i love the silk cushions! they would be a perfect match for my bedroom. :)
    xoxo

    ola
    www.stylesbyola.com

    ReplyDelete